Doctor insights on:
Mammogram Biopsy Procedure
Computerized locati: The suspicious density, seen in x-ray but can not be felt , this area is located in two or more planes, marked, computer guided needle enters, at the marked site and takes biopsy, radio opaque, marker is placed for future reference, that biopsy was taken from correct location , then simple small dressing will be applied. ...Read more
A mammogram is the "gold standard" screening test for breast cancer. It's well established that yearly 'grams will DX cancers well before they are palpable, leading to earlier diagnoses and saved lives. All experts agree to begin yearly mammograms by age 50; many (including myself) believe the pro's outweigh the con's to begin at 40. Regrettably, less than half of all women ...Read more
You're overdue : It may be somewhat uncomfortable but tolerable and well worth it. Mammography has decreased breast cancer mortality by up to 50%. If you get one every year rather than every other your chances of dying from breast cancer go down 30%. 20% of cancers are in women in their 40's. What have you been waiting for? ...Read moreSee 2 more doctor answers
Some are: Depends on location.Get a more detailed answer ›
Need more info: "cancerous change" can mean many things. There are different pre-cancerous changes seen on breast biopsies, such as ADH (vasopressin) or alh (atypical ductal or atypical lobular hyperplasia). There are early cancers called dcis or lcis (ductal carcinoma in situ or lobular carcinoma in situ). Hopefully this is nothing, but we need more information. Make sure to follow-up with your doctor! ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Usually before.: Sentinel lymph node biopsy is usually done at the time of lumpectomy for breast cancer. The information gained is used in the decision making as to whether adjuvant chemotherapy should be given to increase the likelihood of cure. Rarely, it might be done after chemotherapy if the initial role of chemo was to shrink the tumor to allow surgery (neoadjuvant chemotherapy). ...Read more
Patient s/p mastectomy with sentinel node biopsy and tram flap.Now with recurrent cancer. Would anyone do repeat sentinel node biopsy?
Do surgical margins matter for benign breast conditions (after excisional biopsy surgery)? Would re-excision be necessary if no malignancy is found?
Possibly yes: Carcinoma insitu, is a pre cancerous lesion, it has the potential of becoming cancer and is treated aggressively. Getting a clear margin around it is a good idea and recommended as it is with malignant lesions. Carcinoma insitu is not benign but it has not grown into a full cancer. Just making sure this is not what you were referring to. ...Read moreSee 2 more doctor answers
How accurate is an office hysteroscopy endometrial biopsy &polypectomy in showing cancer or hyperplasia?
Average cost of lymph node biopsy with out insurance? Is an excisional biopsy in neck done under local anesthesia?
UCR: Usual, customary, and reasonable fees may vary. The usual and customary fee is defined as the charge for health care that is consistent with the average rate or charge for identical or similar services in a certain geographical area. In your area, van nuys, range is $1000- $1300. ...Read more
Mammo shows Heterogeneously dense which may obsure sm masses Birads 2 breasts no suspicious masses dr wanting ultrasound report said annual mammo ?
See answer: Thoracocentesis is the procedure where a needle is used to “draw off / sample” fluid from the chest pleural space – for either diagnostic (fluid sent for cytology, culture, etc.) or therapeutic purposes (too much fluid causing compression). Ct biopsy is the procedure where a needle actually biopsies a specific organ to evaluate the target tissue. ...Read more
Better to wait: Cytopathologists may preferr that you wait a couple of months if it is slightly suspicious but inconclusive. Inflammation can make interpretion harder. On the other hand, if the fna was nondiagnostic because of too few cells, it is desirable to repeat it within a reasonably short period of time. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Have fibrocystic breast disease. Ultrasound shows 1cm well circumscribed breast nodule and doc wants biopsy? Normal procedure?
Yes: Core needle biopsy is routine procedure for any mass found on mammography or ultrasound. It doesn't sound like it is cancer, but the reason you had the ultrasound in the first place is to see if there were anything that your doctor can't feel on exam, right? Now that they see something, you need to find out what it is. By doing a biopsy, you will know for sure. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Biopsy is tissue removed by needle or cutting to remove part of a body part. It is usually a small amount of material that is processed by a pathologist. Most of the time it is stained and looked at through a microscope to arrive at a diagnosis. Special processes are done for some tissues or problems. The purpose is to tell what the problem is (diagnosis). ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Mammogram and biopsy
- Post biopsy mammogram
- Mammogram test procedure
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Pain after mammogram procedure
- Tissue biopsy procedure
- Percutaneous liver biopsy
- Lymphoma biopsy procedure
- Talk to a gynecologist online for free