Doctor insights on:
Male Psoriasis Arthritis
I am 47 yr male suffering from severe plaque psoriasis and arthritis, what are some alternative medicines?
Psoriasis is an autoimmune disease involving the skin, nails, and occasionally the joints. It is not contagious. There are several types of skin lesions, most common variety being large red scaly itchy plaques on extensor surfaces such as elbows and knees. Psoriasis can be controlled by a wide variety of medications, but a cure has ...Read more
Sometimes: Psoriasis is an immunological condition that affects the skin and joints. However, not everyone have manifestations of both, and many have only skin or only joint involvement. We are learning that psoriasis also affects the cardiovascular system, increasing the risk for heart disease. ...Read moreSee 2 more doctor answers
Does being exposed to the sun a lot cause psoriasis to flare up? And does having psoriasis increase my likelihood of having arthritis?
Psoriasis: Psoriasis is a common, chronic skin condition that causes red patches on the body. About 1 in 20 people with psoriasis will develop arthritis with the skin condition. In most cases, psoriasis comes before the arthritis. New medications that block an inflammatory protein called tumor necrosis factor (tnf) are the treatment of choice: humira, enbrel, remicade, simponi. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Vitamins for psoriasis psoriatic arthritis
- Can psoriasis cause arthritis how?
- Psoriasis or inflammatory arthritis
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Psoriasis arthritis treatment
- Psoriasis vs psoriatic arthritis
- Psoriasis will develop arthritis
- Psoriasis rheumatoid arthritis
- Talk to a dermatologist online