Doctor insights on:
Malar Rash Causes
Most bumps and blotches on a newborn baby are harmless and clear up by themselves. By far the most common skin problem in infants is diaper rash. Diaper rash is an irritation of the skin caused by dampness, urine, or feces. Most babies who wear diapers will have some type of diaper rash. However, there are other skin disorders that can cause rashes. These are usually not serious unless ...Read more
SLE : Malar rash is a sign of SLE (systemic lupus Erythematosis ) there are other other autoimmune diseases which can also have this rash. there are many rashes which can look similar and be mistaken for a malar rash. The most common is rosacea. You will need an evaluation by someone with experience. If you have other symptoms see a rheumatologist. If the rash is your only symptom see Dermatology. ...Read more
Any other causes of malar rash besides lupus & lyme? it definitely isn't rosacea or seb derm due to appearance
ANA 1:640, malar rash in sun, periodic leukopenia,pleuritic chest pain,photosens rashes,mouth sores,raynauds,muscle & joint pain;sed rate,C3,C4 normal?
Not always lupus: A malar or "butterfly" rash is one of the signs of possible lupus, but other rashes can appear similar, including eczema, rosacea, seborrheic dermatitis, allergic contact dermatitis, and others. A complete history, physical exam, and possible skin biopsy and/or blood test can usually distinguish between these rashes. ...Read moreSee 2 more doctor answers
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Other causes for malar rash
- Can neuropathy cause rashes?
- Can vitamin c cause rashes?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Causes of rash around anus
- Can a urinary tract infection cause you to break out in a rash?
- Can wearing pantyliners cause a rash on vagina lips why?
- Cause for itchy bumpy skin rash on legs
- Talk to a dermatologist online