Doctor insights on:
Make Short Period
Can anemia make my period shorter?(i had a one day period, bled once only) my haemoglobin came out to be 6.3, is this the reason for my short period
Short & long story: Your short period at 6.3 hemoglobin may be a "survival" mechanism for this "long story". When the blood level of red blood cells plunges to this low level, your ability to carry oxygen to the peripheral tissues diminishes greatly.As a result mother nature will try to "conserve" red blood cells lost during your period. I hope you are seeing a md to find the cause and are taking an iron supplement. ...Read more
Hormonally: Really, only birth control pills (or ring or Mirena (levonorgestrel) iucd), can shorten periods. Some say that taking nsaids can shorten and lighten periods, but i don't find that works as a rule. Lysteda is a new drug in the usa that is approved for lightening up heavy periods--you take it for up to 5 days---expensive! (but non-hormonal! ...Read more
No: The cycle in which the pill is initiated will be unaffected. Later cycles should see some beneficial efffects. ...Read more
Would donating plasma during my period, make my period shorter? It only lasted 2 days and usually lasts 6.
Nope: Donating blood or blood plasma really doesn't effect the events leading to a period. ...Read more
I just started taking the pill and I got my period 4/5 hours after taking it. If i keep taking the pill this week will it make my period shorter?
No: Not within your control, but "mother natures's. ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- How can i make my period shorter?
- How do you make your period shorter?
- How to make your period shorter fast?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Home remedies to make your period shorter
- How can you make your menstrual period shorter?
- How can you make your eyesight better in a short period of time?
- How can you make your period shorter and lighter?
- How to make my period shorter?