Doctor insights on:
Macrocytosis Without Anaemia
Diagnosis first: With the help of your physician, you need to discover the reasons for anemia before appropriate treatment can be provided. There are multiple types and causes of anemia. Iron deficiency is a very common type of anemia, and can come from blood loss. If not corrected, it would continue and worsen. I see you're already taking iron; you can also eat red meat, eggs with yolks, ; leafy green veggies. ...Read moreSee 2 more doctor answers
1 high in iron: B sure u do not have an absorption problem in ur GI track. ...Read more
Fatigue, tired: Initially the symptoms are feeling tired, doing regular chores drains one; dizziness on standing; the distance of walking decreases and shortness of breath can occur; in advanced stages (meaning much lower hemoglobin levels) especially in patients with atherosclerosis of blood vessels (plaques) there is risk of heart strain or decrease in blood supply to vital organs which include brain, kidney. ...Read more
Symptoms and testing: Symptoms common to many types of anemia include the following: easy fatigue and loss of energy, rapid heart beat, (particularly with exercise), shortness of breath, headache, difficulty concentrating, dizziness, pale skin, leg cramps, and insomnia. A simple blood test known as a complete blood count can determine if you are anemic. Many causes of anemia can be treated. See your doctor. ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Macrocytosis without anemia
- Iron deficiency without anaemia
- Best time to have sex without getting pregnant
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- What could cause random blood clotting without being on your period?
- How can you correct bow legs without surgery?
- Can you get strep throat without tonsils?
- How to lose a baby during pregnancy without abortion?
- Talk to a hematologist online for free