Doctor insights on:
Lymphatic System And Immune System
Not really: Lymph nodes are stations connected by chains lymphatics they are the filter for toxins and alert soldiers like tonsils are the first soldiers and try to limit infection there. Immunity is in blood igg and mucous iga. ...Read more
Filter of sorts: The fluid that bathes the tissues of the body gets collected by the lymphatic system like a drain (it eventually goes back into the blood circulation). Bugs, inflammatory chemicals, and/or immune cells will also enter the lymph from the tissues and go to lymph nodes, which are like strategically placed checkpoints. The nodes contain immune cells that become activated and help fight the infection. ...Read more
Is there a name for all the chemicals like cytokines, chemokines, and growth factors that are in the immune and lymphatic system, like immune factors?
Signaling: proteins, is what all of these terms do functionally. Chemokines are cytokines. And many use the term cytokine and growth factor interchangeably but the name growth factor tends to imply a proliferative effect on cell division/growth while cytokines can have both stimulant or inhibitory effects on cell growth/division. ...Read more
Aerobic exercises: Aerobic exercises are of repetitive movements that occur over a period of time. Common aerobic exercises are walking, running, and biking. By using various muscle groups, a person pumps blood and lymphatic fluid throughout his body, which ultimately maximizes his body's health from good fluid flow. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Lymphatic immune system diseases
- Is the immune system the same as the lymphatic system?
- Is the lymphatic system one and the same as the immune system?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- How does the immune system work with the lymphatic system?
- Common pathology associated with the immune and lymphatic systems
- Lymphatic system
- Lymphatic systems function
- Talk to a immunologist online for free