Doctor insights on:
I have penile Sclerosing lymphangitis can it heal on its own what is the treatment i have also some thing like popules on my pennis what is the trtmnt?
No treatment needed: Penile sclerosing lymphangitis is a harmless condition that typically clears up on its own over a few weeks or months, without treatment. Not sure what kind of papules are on your penis, but if your doctor called them "pearly penile papules", this is entirely normal, harmless, and needs no treatment. Google it; you can easily find pictures to compare with your own penis. ...Read more
Oral antibiotics: This would be treated with either oral or intravenous antibiotics depending on the severity. ...Read more
Antibiotics: Lymphangitis usually presents as a red streak running up the inner aspect of the leg or arm. It may be associated with fever or malaise. Oral or intravenous antibiotics is the mainstay. If there is a nidus of infection, like an ulcer or abscess, this also needs to be addressed. Hot compresses and non-steroidal medications may also be helpful in relieving pain. ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Sclerosing lymphangitis treatment
- What is lymphangitis?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Treatments for lymphangitis carcinomatosis
- What is lymphangitis and what causes it?
- Do doctors see a lot of patients with lymphangitis?
- What kind of doctor sees somebody for lymphangitis?
- Talk to a dermatologist online