Doctor insights on:
Lupus White Blood Cell Count
My white blood cell count was 6.25... Is this normal or low? Is it okay to take prednisone for poison ivy with this WBC count?
Leukopenia: Recent infection such as flu, chemotherapy, radiation therapy, aplastic anemia, hiv, lupus, hodgkin's lymphoma, cancer, typhoid, malaria, tb, sepsis, folate deficiency, copper & zinc deficiency, medications such as wellbutrin, (bupropion) depakote, lamictal, clozapine, minocycline, flagyl, interferone, arsenic toxicity. ...Read more
Many causes.: Low WBC can be due to nutritional factors, infections (esp. Viral infections), autoimmune diseases, inhereted defects, leukemias and other bone marrow cancers, meylodysplasia, drug reactions, and even unknown causes. The problem with this is infection, but the risk depends on how low the WBC is. Only with very low WBC is there a risk of death. ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Low white blood cell count and lupus
- Lupus and high white blood cell count
- Is a low white blood cell count a symptom of lupus?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Lupus white blood cells in urine
- White blood cell count numbers
- White blood cell count down
- White blood cell count off
- Talk to a hematologist online for free