Doctor insights on:
Lupus Cause Brain Tumors
No: Lupus can involve the brain but there is no correlation between brain tumors and lupus. ...Read more
A brain tumor is a disease in which a group of abnormal cells grow in the brain. The brain tumor may have either started in the brain or it may have moved there from a different site of the body (metastasized). There are many different types of brain tumors, and different tumors affect individuals of different age groups. Symptoms vary depending on the size and ...Read more
Multi-factorial: There are 4 things that contribute to all tumors: 1. Genetics 2. Mutation inducing factors (examples: smoking, drinking, etc). 3. Aging 3. Unknown causes (there are definitely people without family history or obvious "bad habits" that develop brain tumors). ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Very few: The cause of most brain tumors is unknown, but it is fairly clear that most are "sporadic", not caused by an inherited abnormalities. A small number of cases are, however, clearly caused by inherited genetic defects. Many of these present in childhood, not in adult life, but certain genetic syndromes cause adult tumors of specific types. You can get more details than this space allows. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
No stats: No such statistics are available.Get a more detailed answer ›
Lupus erythematosus is a name given to a collection of autoimmune diseases, in which the human immune system becomes hyperactive and attacks normal, healthy tissues.Symptoms of these diseases can affect many different body systems, including joints, skin, kidneys, blood ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Could brain tumors cause head to always hurt on right side
- Brain tumor cause pain in one eye off and on
- How long can a person live with a brain tumor before it causes symptoms?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Can a brain tumor cause dizziness?
- Can brain tumors cause chest pain?
- Lupus cause fibroid tumors
- Can lupus cause lesions of the brain?
- Talk to a neurosurgeon online for free