Doctor insights on:
I have recurring flares of rashes, joint pain, muscle aches, debilitating fatigue, dizziness. I have photosensitity and one episode of my WBC at 2.0 years back. My ANA is 6:40. I'm on plaquenil. Why are all my other antibodies neg for lupus?
Maybe SLE maybe not.: Diagnosis of rheumatologic disease is generally based on symptoms with support from lab. Sounds like you have a rheumatologic disease and are being treated with a rheumatologic agent perhaps by a rheumatologist. They can explain your particular situation better, but suffice it to say tests are not always right and a single test does not generally make or break a diagnosis. ...Read moreSee 2 more doctor answers
RA and lupus antibod: If the arthritis looks like RA and the RA antibodies are negative , the disease usually is less erosive and less distrctive to joints and can acrue more symptoms and signs of lupus. If the rheumatoid factor or ccp are positive, that makes the disease act more like ra. ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Cyanosis of the chin
- What can cause sore muscles and joints and swollen lymph nodes?
- Cause of red moles
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Cures for weak arm muscle
- Long term affects of acid reflux will acid go farther and farther up
- Talk to an allergist and immunologist online for free