Doctor insights on:
Today i'm having more productive cough due to the pulmonary fibrosis which was caused by the lung radiation. Can you help me in getting this under control without a hospital stay?
Deoxygenated blood enters the lungs from the right side of the heart and travels to the lungs. When you inspire, oxygen flows into the lungs, transverses the capilliares and attaches to hemoglobin down a gradient. At the same time, co2 diffuses into the capilaries and is expelled with exhalation. Oxygen rich blood then flows to the left side of the heart and into the ...Read more
I got a scar tissue in lung after radiation therapy for breast cancer. No one told me it could happen. What should I do?
Very rare, but...: ...Well-recognized complication of breast radiation therapy (of course, when you are that "one in a million", that doesn't help). Modern techniques are designed to maximize rx to the breast & minimize effects on the heart and lungs. Your radiation oncologist certainly should have discussed this with you pre-treatment--informed consent is a necessary part of any rx regimen. ...Read moreSee 2 more doctor answers
Radiation Esophagtis: You can use antacids to control the acid washing up from the stomach as well as meds such as nexium.I also have a liquid mix that will topically numb the surface temporarily. Taking pain medicine on a regular basis say every 4 to 6 hours will help a lot. And last but not least a break from treatment is sometimes the best of all options. ...Read moreSee 2 more doctor answers
Irradiation is the process by which an object is exposed to radiation. The exposure can originate from various sources, including natural sources. Most frequently the term refers to ionizing radiation, and to a level of radiation that will serve a specific purpose, rather than radiation exposure to normal ...Read more
This is light of extremely short wavelengths typically produced either among the stars / in cosmic rays or by radioactive element decay. Gamma rays form the background of normal radiation in which we all live; it is substantially greater than the exposure we get from imaging scans or should get from ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Scar tissue in lung after radiation therapy for breast cancer
- Chances of lung damage from breast cancer radiation
- Pinpoint radiation therapy for lung cancer
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Does chemo and radiation therapy cure stage 3 lung cancer?
- Lung scar tissue from breast cancer from radiation therapy
- Are there effective natural alternatives to radiation therapy for lung cancer?
- Can radiation therapy still help me when my lung cancer has spread to the brain?
- Talk to a environmental health specialist online for free