Doctor insights on:
Lowest Bmi You Can Have Without Losing Your Period
Body mass index is also known as BMI. Body mass index (BMI) is a measurement based on a person's height and weight, to decide if a person is too heavy or too light for his height. The index is a number that can be in the underweight range, normal range, overweight range, or obese range. Children use different number ranges than adults do, ...Read more
My weight is 66kg now. I want to reduce it to 60 kgs over a period of one year from now. Can I do that even my BMI is average? What is the best method
Slow and consistent : Losing 6 kg(~13 lb) over a one year period of time is reasonable. That is only a decrease of about 3500 calories a month or a little over a 100 calories a day. Start by reducing or eliminating any high calorie drinks such as soda, juice or alcohol. Start a consistent walking program, minimize fast food, concentrate on whole foods: lean meat, veggies and fruit. Have a cheat meal every now and then. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
See below: There is no single number.Get a more detailed answer ›
Lost 13lbs in 3months in uni and went to a BMI of 16 from undereating. (lost period/hair). Gained it back but is it likely i've done permanent damage?
Maybe, maybe not: The important point is that you recognized your eating disorder, got, treated, and are now on a healthy dietary and life regimen. Most likely minimal damage was not done. But you need to check with your doctor to be sure. ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Can you have your period without bleeding?
- Can you have your period without ovulating?
- Can you have your period without ovaries?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Can you have implantation bleeding after your period?
- Can you still have sex after you lose your mucus plug?
- Can you have implantation bleeding right after your period?
- Can you have implantation bleeding 3 days before your period?
- Talk to a gynecologist online for free