Doctor insights on:
Obesity And Chronic Disease
The definition started with Louis Israel Dublin, chief statistician of the Metropolitan life insurance company, in the early 1940s, as a BMI >25 (definitely >30) for people in their 20's based on retrospective observational life insurance data of the age at which people died later in life. This was subsequently adopted by the medical disease industry. However, BMI is ...Read more
It depends: If a person receives proper treatment within several days of contracting lyme disease a person almost always has a complete recovery. However, if it is not treated until someone has had it for weeks or months then it often becomes a chronic disease that can be difficult to fully eradicate even with intensive treatment. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Yes: Diagnosis of a chronic disease is a life-changing experience. Often the management of the disease requires to limit things used to do prior to the diagnosis, bringing a sense of loss. Medical condition proper and side effects of medication also can bring changes in your emotional state. I would recommend discussing chronic disease impact on your life with a health psychologist. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
One option: Have you considered "alternative cure india"? I can not vouch for any medical treatment centers but this is medical clinic which provides natural care. ...Read more
A known person of age 16 started taking 100 mg cetirizine per day. planning to continue for next few months.will any chronic disease attack her with ?
Why?: Usually no one needs more than 40 mg of cetirizine daily (and that's for hives) and thus I wonder why this person needs to take 100 mg of it daily? It will likely cause some drowsiness and possibly dry mouth, or even constipation. If we know more about what condition this is supposed to treat, we can give you a better answer. ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Risk factors for chronic kidney disease
- What is one factor that contributed to the global increase in obesity?
- Nonmodifiable risk factors that contribute to common chronic diseases
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- How to increase your heart rate during lower body exercises?
- Can lymes disease affect one side of your body?
- Can lyme disease affect just one side of the body?
- Can lyme disease cause weakness and numbness on one side of the body?
- Talk to a preventive medicine specialist online for free