Doctor insights on:
Low Platelets And Low White Blood Cells
I had blood work done red blood cells white blood cells and platelets were all low also hemocrit among others does this indicate leukemia?
Leukemia: Bone marrow malignancies involving the myeloid cells will cause abnormal growth of a certain clone of white cells and inhibit the proliferation of normal cell populations such as platelet precursors and red cell precursors so anemia would be expected also. Severe infection with septicemia could lead to the same problem via destruction of platelets in small blood vessels. Two very different cases! ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Ask the ordering doc: Since there is not enough information presented here to answer accurately. ...Read more
My son's white blood cells keep going low and fluctuating. His platelets and hemoglobin levels are fine. They suggested him seeing a blood specialist.
See the specialist: Not sure what 'low' means here. This isn't always a disease. However, seeing specialist isn't a bad idea. ...Read more
Can chiro. Adjustments and therapies do any harm prior to diagnosis of low red, white blood cells, platelets, and neutrophils w/ptechiae & bruising?
Depends...: Depends on the cause of the decrease. Best to speak with your physician and possibly get a referral to a hematologist to diagnose the problem and define the appropriate treatment plan. ...Read more
No they are not: Platelets are cells that circulate in the blood which involve in the hemostasis- blood clots formation- to stop bleeding process etc. While white blood cells are are cells of the immune system involved in defending the body against both infectious disease and foreign materials. They are completely different cells. ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- What causes low white blood cell count and low platelets?
- Low platelet count and low white blood cell count
- Low platelet count and high white blood cells
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Low platelet and white blood cell count
- Low platelet and low white blood cell count
- Low red and white blood cells and platelets
- High white blood cell count low platelets
- Talk to a hematologist online for free