Doctor insights on:
Low Mpv Level
Can't tell: Isolated labs are not how doctors make diagnoses. History is the most important part of a medical evaluation. Why were the labs performed? The mpv is a measure of average platelet size; it is only meaningful if platelets are decreased. Mildly elevated igm levels can indicate infection or immune dysregulation. The RDW and MCHC are red blood cell properties. Many healthy people have these results. ...Read moreGet help from a doctor now ›
Depends!: The low MPV does not usually have any significant importance. I tend to ignore it most of the time. The slightly elevated WBC can be due to many things such as infection, inflammation, medications, stress, autoimmune disorders, other disorders and in rare occasions blood disorders such as leukemia. It has to be put in the context of history, examination and other laboratory values. ...Read moreGet help from a doctor now ›
I agree: With Dr. Singh.Get a more detailed answer ›
No problem: The MPV means the size of the platelets. Size of platelets can be hereditary. Occasional syndromes have low MPV and larger MPV can be associated with newer younger platelets. Normal platelet counts in a healthy person with no bleeding issues is fine even if the MPV is small. ...Read moreGet help from a doctor now ›
CBC done today, slightly low MPV, but everything else normal - platelets 195 (scale 130-400). Is MPV alone cause for concern? Thanks!
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- What causes low oxygen levels after surgery?
- Low hcg levels and bleeding in early pregnancy
- What does a high neutrophil level and a low lymphocyte level mean?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Low oxygen saturation levels after surgery
- What does it mean that i have a low igm level?
- What does low igm level mean?
- What does low alt and ast levels mean?
- Low mpv levels in blood