Doctor insights on:
Low Creatinine Serum Levels
What is the medical significance of high creatinine clearance levels?Normal betw. 80 and 130. My results: 165. Serum creatinine 0, 8. Low diuresis.
When creatinine serum blood level is low 0.6, does this mean kidney is filtering good. What are muscle wasting symptoms & causes. ?
0.6 to 1.4 mg/dL: Creatinine is a product of muscle metabolism. Because women generally have less muscle mass than men, their values are lower. Because of increased volume during pregnancy, lower limits of normal may be 0.4 -0.5 mg/dl. As an individual ages, the muscle mass may decline therefore the serum creatinine values may not adequately reflect the underlying renal function. ...Read moreSee 2 more doctor answers
Less than 1.2 mg/dL: It should be lower than 1.2 mg/dl. ...Read more
High creatinine: You may not be able to lower your creatinine level of 1.5, as it depends on what caused it to be that high. You need to see a nephrologist and have a 24 hour urine (u) collection for creatinine clearance and protein. Blood will be collected when the u is returned to the lab. You need a renal ultrasound done to see if you have any obstruction in your urinary outflow tract. Good luck. ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- What does a low creatinine serum level mean?
- How to reduce serum creatinine level?
- Serum creatinine levels chart
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- High creatinine levels and low gfr levels
- What does low creatinine serum mean?
- What causes low creatinine levels in urine?
- Symptoms of low creatinine levels
- Talk to a nephrologist online for free