Doctor insights on:
Lopid Side Effects
Gemfibrozil: Common side effects include: dyspepsia, abdominal pain, diarrhea, fatigue, nausea/vomiting, lfts elevated, ck elevation, more severe side effects: myositis, myopathy, rabdomyolysis, cholelithiasis, cholestatic jaundice, acute appendicitis, anemia, thrombocytopenia, leukopenia, atrial fibrillation, cataracts(animal studies), hypersensitivity rxn, exfoliative dermatitis. ...Read more
Is there any drug interaction or side effects to taking the two drugs gemfibrozil for cholesterol and allopurinol for gout together ?
I've had high triglycerides since childhood and take lopid. I have reoccuring pain on each side of my neck at times. Could this indicate a blockage?
Not Necessarily : Lipid medications are used to treat a defined cholesterol or triglyceride disorder. If the lipid disorder is the result of another treatable medical condition (e.g., hypothyroidism, diabetes, etc.) then treatment of these conditions, as well as improvement in diet and exercise, can lessen or eliminate the need for lipid medications. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Any side effects of arimidex
- Nature's bounty hair and nails side effects
- Steroid shot for sinus infection side effects
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Side effects of drinking too much lemon with water
- What are the negative side effects of swallowing semen?
- Montelukast sodium and levocetirizine dihydrochloride side effects
- Garcinia cambogia extract side effects
- Talk to a cardiologist online