Doctor insights on:
Long Term Symptoms For Candidiasis
Itching: The most common symptom is usually itching of the penis. There may also be redness to this area but no discharge. ...Read more
Depends...: ...On where the candida is living. Diaper rash, thrush, and vaginal yeast infections are the most common infections in healthy individuals. People with suppressed immune systems and indwelling foreign bodies such as catheters can have more dangerous infections. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Candida is real: Yes candida overgrowth is a real condition. Treatment time depends on how bad an overgrowth you have. Most people feel better in a week. But it can grow back easily if proper diet is not adhered to. I don't know if the spit test is accurate. I prefer the candida antibody blood test. For more in depth information I would be happy to discuss this in a consult. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Oral candidiasis: When the lesions disappear and are no longer visible then you have a high chance it is gone. Look I'm the mirror with a strong flashlight. Good luck and feel better. ...Read more
Why not: Hold off on having vaginal intercourse until your course of treatment is complete and you no longer have redness, itching or burning of vulva. ...Read more
For someone with candidiasis: why do they crave sugar and have other withdrawal symptoms when yeast is dying off after going off sugar for a few days?
Yeast & Blood Sugar: Sugar cravings and yeast infections are found in persons with diabetes. In diabetes the blood sugar is high because the body can not use the sugar that is in the blood. Despite not eating sugar, the body still must use up the blood sugar which requires a hormone called insulin. Even though yeast may be dying off, sugar cravings may be due to the inability of the body to use the sugar in the blood. ...Read more
After a treatmentfor candidiasis my glans are dry and cracked, specialy whenmy foreskin covers it for too long. What can I do to have it smooth again?
Dry glans: The normal lubrication of your penile glans maybe temporarily or permanently affected. Try a moisturizing lotion and hope for the best. ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- How long does it take for uti symptoms to go away?
- How long does it take for alcohol withdrawal symptoms to start?
- Long term effects of low testosterone levels for a 19 year old
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Long-term use of gabapentin for relief of peripheral neuropathy
- How long after finishing my treatment for chlamydia will the symptoms disappear?
- Why does it take so long for the symptoms of salmonella food poisoning to appear?
- Iep long term short term goals for autism behavior
- Talk to a dermatologist online