Doctor insights on:
Long Term Effects Of Proscar
Hello, I have been using Proscar 1mg for my hair loss. Does it have any side effect on infertility and prostate on a long run? has it been proved?
Proved: You can save money by getting prescription finasteride 5mg (duterasteride may be even better) and cutting it into 4 parts, take 1 part a day. This is dramatically cheaper. By taking this, you will lose less hair with aging. You will suffer less enlargement and less cancer of the prostate. There may be a small risk of higher grade prostate cancer. No effect on fertility. Longer use = more benefit. ...Read more
Hello, Does Proscar prevents or creates men breast cancer on the long run?I have been taking 1mg for hair loss treatment, anything to worry about?
I have been taking Proscar 1mg for almost the last 8 years for hair loss. Due to the side effects will it be better to switch to Saw palmetto ?Thanks
Prostate Medication: Treats an enlarged prostate (benign prostatic hyperplasia or bph) in men and causes hair growth in male pattern baldness. It may be used alone or in combination with other medicines such as an alpha-blocker (doxazosin, cardura®) to treat bph. This medicine is a 5-alpha-reductase inhibitor. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- What are the long term effects of taking miralax?
- Long term effects of mono
- Long term effects of spironolactone
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Long term effects of pseudoephedrine
- Benadryl side effects of long term use
- Long term effects of hydrochlorothiazide
- Long term effects of claritin
- Talk to a pharmacologist online for free