Doctor insights on:
Long Term Effects Of Metformin
Not many: Glyburide is a sulfonourea (it forces your pancreas to produce more insulin). Metformin does three things... It helps your Insulin work better by making the Insulin receptors in the body more sensitive, it slows glucose absorption in the intestine, and slows the production of glucose by the liver. ...Read more
Doc has advised me to take glucophage (metformin) gor 3 months to regulate my hormones and aid in weight loss but i m wary. Will there be long term side effects?
Any suggestions on supplement while taking long term metformin for PCOS/ insulin resistance? related to reduced vitamin/mineral absorption? Thnx!
MAYBE indefinitely: Metformin has G.I. Side effects including diarrhea and abdominal cramps. The symptoms may last as long as you are taking the medication. One solution is generic glucophage xr or er which is a long-acting medication with less side effects. Many patients can not tolerate metformin at any dose but fortunately we have many diabetes meds --out there. Hope you are better soon! ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- What are the long term effects of metformin?
- Long term effects of probiotics
- Long term effects of gonorrhoea
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Long term effects of uti
- Long term effects of psychosis
- Long term effects of pesticides
- Long term effects of premarin
- Talk to a pharmacologist online for free