Doctor insights on:
Long Term Effects Of Metformin
Not many: Glyburide is a sulfonourea (it forces your pancreas to produce more insulin). Metformin does three things... It helps your Insulin work better by making the Insulin receptors in the body more sensitive, it slows glucose absorption in the intestine, and slows the production of glucose by the liver. ...Read more
Any suggestions on supplement while taking long term metformin for PCOS/ insulin resistance? related to reduced vitamin/mineral absorption? Thnx!
MAYBE indefinitely: Metformin has G.I. Side effects including diarrhea and abdominal cramps. The symptoms may last as long as you are taking the medication. One solution is generic glucophage xr or er which is a long-acting medication with less side effects. Many patients can not tolerate metformin at any dose but fortunately we have many diabetes meds --out there. Hope you are better soon! ...Read more
Expiration: Most drugs expiration date is a year. Some drugs less. There have been studies that looked at the efficacy of drugs post expiration and some were still effective as many as 20 years out. Best is to see your doc and see what's best for you. :) ...Read more
24-48 hours: Maybe a bit longer if have kidney dysfunction. ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- What are the long term effects of metformin?
- What are the long term effects of taking miralax?
- Long term effects of mono
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Are there any long term side effects of staph infections?
- Long term effects of pseudoephedrine
- Benadryl side effects of long term use
- Long term effects of hydrochlorothiazide
- Talk to a pharmacologist online for free