Doctor insights on:
Long Term Effects Of Lidocaine
Are there any long term side effects from topical ketamine/lidocaine? What would happen if overdose?
I'm undergoing long term pain management. I have lidocaine. But it doesn't really help that much. What to do?
I received 10 cc of kenalog/lidocaine/marcaine. This is a steroid but not the same as cortisone? How long will the effects last.
It really depends..: Depending on where the shot is given--i.e. Given IV during a heart-attack rescue, this only last minutes. Given in the muscle--can last up to an hour or two. Given in a joint, may last several hours. A typical shot of Lidocaine does not do much once is "spread-out" in the body. So, it is a simple question, but answering it is not so simple. Consult doc. Good luck. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
1/2 to 1 1/2 hours: Depending on where the Lidocaine is placed, the relative blood flow and the ph level of the tissues can affect how long Lidocaine lasts. It may be necessary to mix Lidocaine with other agents such as Epinephrine which help keep the Lidocaine in the tissue. Mixing it with long acting agents such as Marcaine can also lengthen the time that Lidocaine lasts. ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- What are the long term effects of taking miralax?
- Long term effects of mono
- Long term effects of spironolactone
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Long term effects of pseudoephedrine
- Benadryl side effects of long term use
- Long term effects of hydrochlorothiazide
- Long term effects of claritin
- Talk to a anesthesiologist online for free