Doctor insights on:
Long Does Take Food Poisoning Come
Toxic ingestion (also called "poisoning") is a condition in which a person has eaten or drank a substance that causes ill symptoms or damage to his body. Taking an overdose of a medicine, taking any dose of a poison, drinking too much vodka, or accidentally drinking antifreeze . . . are all ...Read more
Time will tell: If you have a not too serious bacterial or spoiled food, then a day of nausea, vomiting, then diarrhea usually occurs. Unfortunately there are bad bugs out there that if your health is not the best, can result in death. If you are "sick" then weak care immediately to make sure you will recover. ...Read more
3 days to a week: For the top food-borne illnesses like salmonella and shigella the symptoms usually take 4 to 7 days to resolve. A common diarrhea caused by staph which is actually a toxin produced by the bacteria resolves in 24 hours. An organism like yersinia can take up to 3 weeks to resolve. ...Read more
Varies: Staph food poisoning: preformed toxin (in creamy, mayonaise foods), onset 4-8 h after tainted food. Symptoms: nausea, vomiting, fever, diarrhea; lasts 24-48 hours. Scombroid poisoning (fresh tuna, grouper, snapper, etc): tasteless toxin, stable to cooking, histamine release; symptoms within 1/2-3h; flushing, palpitations, cramps, diarrhea; lasts 24-48h. Others: onset up to 5 d after exposure. ...Read more
Depends: Depends on the severity or quantity of exposure and the preexisting weaknesses of the person afflicted. ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- How long does it take to get food poisoning?
- How long does it take food poisoning to start?
- How long does food poisoning take?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- How long does it take to develop symptoms from food poisoning?
- Why does it take so long for the symptoms of salmonella food poisoning to appear?
- How long does it take if you get food poisoning?
- How long does it take food poisoning to show symptoms?
- Talk to a urgent care specialist online for free