Doctor insights on:
My baby has multiple fractures. Are there any bone diseases linked to low vitamin a and high copper test results that can cause long bone fractures?
Bone is a living growing tissue made mostly of collagen (protein that provides soft framework) & the mineral calcium phosphate that adds strength & hardens the framework. Two types of bone are found in the body; cortical (dense compact outer layer) & trabecular (makes up inner layer, ...Read more
It's a long story...: Briefly, at the end of all long bones are physes (growth plates) that are composed of columns of cartilage cells. These columns grow one cell at a time, and cells at the bottom swell and die and become a scaffold for bone formation. It is too complicated to describe in 400 characters, but this might help: http://www.Sophia.Org/bone-development-endochondral-ossification-tutorial. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
I fell the other day and hurt my knee. I do think it's only a bone bruise bc I can bend it. There is swelling. How long for the swelling &treatments ?
Several days: Bone bruises can take a few weeks to resolve. Rest and ice will help alleviate pain and swelling. You should consult an orthopedic specialist and have X rays just to make sure it is not fractured. ...Read more
I am 23 years old, female. And since i was 18 I have had these long deep lines under eyes, above cheek bone. How can I get rid of them completely?
can the microscopic stress fractures caused by weight training also increase the length of long bones if the growth plates have yet to close?
Stress fracture: Stress fractures on teenagers or adults have to be treated if there question of joint involvement or not. If the joint is affected surgery can be done to prevent shifts in the cartilage and gaps in the joint space. Sometimes pinning the fracture can correct it also. It is especially important for teenagers to beware of stress fractures near growth plates, they will affect the growth of the bone. ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- How long does it typically take a deep bone bruise to the hand to heal?
- How long does it take for broken hand bones to heal?
- How long does it take to heal broken metacarpal bones?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- How long does it take to get the bone marrow biopsy results?
- How long does a fractured bone on the hand take to heal?
- How long should you wait with a broken bone before surgery?
- How long will a collar bone take to heal after surgery?
- Talk to a orthopedic reconstructive surgeon online for free