Doctor insights on:
Location Of Abdominal Aorta
Normal: 14 mm is normal. size usually does not alter wall thickness. ...Read more
Not necessarily.: There is a significant difference is the average size of the female abdominal aorta versus the male aorta. The average size of the female is about 1.8-2.5 cm, and the average size of the male aorta is higher. If the distal vessels, going to the legs are of normal size and caliber, and the patient is female-there is no concern. If male, then a better look at the walls of the aorta, is needed. ...Read more
Because my abdominal aorta is so small (14mm), does it have to stretch much more than a bigger one?
Not necessarily: We don't know YOUR size - your aorta may be proportionate to your body surface area. Regardless, if you're perfusing your lower extremities sufficiently (easily determined by measuring the BP in your legs and comparing it to your arms), then the size or "stretch" is irrelevant. ...Read more
If u have 14mm abdominal aorta the wall tension must be higher than if I had 25mm aorta? Because the wall thickness r not as great?
I keep getting mixed answers. Is it unusual for a 23y/o man to have a 14 mm abdominal aorta? Some say it is? Last questions now sorry...
Just need to understand one last thing then ill be gone: my unusually small abdominal aorta 14mm)must stretch more than a normal and it cant be good?
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Angiogram of abdominal aorta
- Atherosclerosis of abdominal aorta
- Diameter of abdominal aorta
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Branch of abdominal aorta
- Atheromatous disease of the abdominal aorta
- Bifurcation of abdominal aorta
- Arteries of the abdominal aorta
- Talk to a vascular surgeon online for free