Doctor insights on:
Medical emergency: Myxedema coma is a medical emergency and needs to be treated in the hospital. The symptoms for myxedema is vey similar to adrenal insufficiency and often times, patient will need treatment for both while labs are done. With proper treatment, patient can gradually improve, if the symptoms go away quickly, then you did not have myxedema coma. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Myxedema coma: Myxedema coma typically occurs as a result of long-standing hypothyroidism, and follows a period of progressive symptoms. These symptoms may include weight gain, somnolence, and weakness amongst others. Abrupt discontinuation of thyroid hormone could also precipitate a myxedema coma. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Myxedema coma: That is an unusual question. If you have any symptoms that are bad enough to ask that question go immediately to the Emergency Room. ...Read more
? thyroid storm ?: Myxedema is a condition caused by severe alterations in fluid balance due to thyroid disorder. There can be swellings in various tissues including around the eyes and into the brain. There is a hyper state with agitation (myxedema madness), or deterioration of consciousness with stupor and coma. Usually there are early signs that the thyroid is out of control, but acute thyroid storm may occur. ...Read more
What is Myxedema? If one got thyroid hormone test results as normal, could they still have Myxedema if symptoms are prominent?
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Localized painful red blister rash
- What is the best treatment for localized painful red blister rash?
- Myxedema madness symptoms from hypothyroidism
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Myxedema coma
- Home remedies for localized painful red blister rash
- Signs and symptoms of myxedema
- Localized head pain right side
- Talk to a dermatologist online