Doctor insights on:
Support groups: Check out this link for a list of support groups! http://staff.jccc.edu/pdecell/heverman/support%20groups.htm ...Read more
Short stature : Usually defined by adult heights of < 60" in a female and < 65" in a male. ...Read more
Little people have : short stature, usually < 58 " as adults. A variety of genetic conditions cause dwarfism, characterterized by disproportionate body proportions, skeletal anomalies & other medical conditions. "Midget" is a pejorative term for people with proportionate short stature from a variety of genetic, nutritional, & other medical causes. Use " little person" or " a person with ....", a specific diagnosis. ...Read more
What to do if I am 5'1(40+ years old) and I am short. What is the maximum height for someone who is considered a dwarf/little person?
Under 4'10": A dwarf is defined as an adult under 4'10". You are short, but not a dwarf. ...Read more
Most, but not all: There are a variety of medical conditions that can result in a significant impairment of growth. These include heart, kidney and intestinal problems. The label "acquired short stature" is often used with this group. However, most of those that are very short have the genetic pattern that makes them so. ...Read more
I was told by a radiologist that I have long lungs for a little person what does that mean I am 5"1?
If I am normal sized, and have a child with a dwarf, what are the chances our child will be a dwarf?
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Growth charts little person
- Can a person die from svt?
- A recovery heart rate for a person who is 25 years of age after 5 minutes of working out is about:
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Why does my poop come out in little balls?
- Why do i bleed a little after masturbation?
- Why does under my right vagina lip appear swollen and red and hurts a little?
- I have a little white hard bump that developed on my eyelid what is it
- Talk to a clinical geneticist online for free