Doctor insights on:
Any position can...: ...Be used for a colonoscopy, and often the patient is turned during the exam to facilitate scope excursion ; to optimize visualization. Please discuss with your colonoscopist what starting point is his preference ; what positions you may not be able to tolerate. Remember, however, two things: 1) you will be sedated; 2) safety and comfort are your doctor's priority. ...Read more
Several: Lying on abdomen is unpleasant. Sides are ok for the patient but hard to see for delivery care giver! Similar for sitting position, although many babies have probably come out that way historically! ...Read more
Not a lot: When the patient is put in the lithotomy position it is for access to a certain area in the pelvis or perineum. The legs can sometimes be adjusted based on the type of surgery. The big concern for lung issues would be to keep excess pressure off of the lungs so they can function properly. If the table is tilted to far in a head down position the lungs can not work as well. ...Read more
May depend on doctor: A good position for a rectal exam is a one where the anus is accessible to the doctor's finger, and the doctor feels he is able to get a really good exam: lying on the side, bent over the examination table, or lying down with feet in stirrup (lithotomy position), etc... The position is not that important. What's important is that the dr. Is able to reach and feel everything he wants to examine. ...Read more
What position does the patient lie in while having a laparoscopically assisted vaginal hysterectomy (lavh)?
LITHOTOMY: The best position to speed up baby go down the birth canal is lithotomy ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Lithotomy position picture
- Best position to conceive twins
- Best sleeping position for babies with cold and cough
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Best sleeping position to grow taller
- What is the best position to sleep when you have a broken wrist?
- Difficulty standing up from a squatting position age or deconditioning
- How do you get rid of neck pain from sleeping in the wrong position?
- Talk to a general surgeon online for free