Doctor insights on:
List Of Primary Functions Of The Respiratory System
Oxygen and CO2: Oxygen is needed for your cells to live, and when they burn calories using oxygen they generate co2. Too much co2 is toxic to the brain and it must be removed from the blood. The lungs exhale co2 (like a car's exhaust pipe), and take in oxygen with each breath, lungs transfer oxygen to red blood cells that transport it to your cells. ...Read more
Upper respiratory: structures include the sinuses, nasal passages, throat, pharynx, tonsils and vocal cords. Other than allowing passage of Oxygenated air, it is rich in mucus glands to protect the airway from viruses and microbes, It is also rich in immunologic cells to combat microbes. ...Read more
Could you tell me what functions do the cardiovascular system and respiratory system have in common?
How do the respiratory, circulatory and digestive systems work together to provide the energy needed for your cells to function?
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Organs of the respiratory system and their functions
- Organs of respiratory system and their functions
- Respiratory system disorders list
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- What is the function of the nose in the respiratory system?
- What are the parts of the respiratory system and their function?
- List of diseases and disorders of the respiratory system
- What is the secondary function of the respiratory system with the urinary system?
- Talk to a pulmonologist online for free