Doctor insights on:
List Of Pasteurella Infection Symptoms
Can i pass pasteurella multocida or other infection onto humans? Dog bite didn't break my skin but dog saliva may have got into already broken skin.
Infections are invasions of some other organism (fungus, bacteria, parasite) or viruses into places where they do not belong. For instance, we have normal gut bacteria that live within us without causing problems; however, when those penetrate the bowel wall and enter the bloodstream, ...Read more
Could my children catch pasteurella multocida from broken skin on my hand if I have caught the infection from dog saliva? Worried about meningitis.
If a human has been infected with pasteurella multocida from a dog can they pass it onto other humans they're in close contact with?
No: If you were infected with pasteurella, you probably got treated for that infection and you don't even have it in your system anymore. ...Read more
In a host: This bacteria responsible for the plague, grows nicely in rats, humans and some other mammals if it gets inside. It feeds upon the tissue of its host and multiplies. It spreads by coughing, insects, direct contact, etc. It does not breed in the way higher animals breed but divides again and again in the right place. ...Read more
Can pasteurella multocida be passed from human to human? Don't think I have it, as dog bite didn't break skin, but already had dry broken skin there?
No: No, you cannot transfer the organism. Moisturize the dry broken skin site often the first few days and this should return to normal. ...Read more
If you were bit by a cat how long would it be for symptoms of infection to show up if it were to become infected?
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- List of papovavirus infection symptoms
- Symptoms of gum infection after tooth extraction
- Symptoms of infection after tonsillectomy
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Symptoms of infection after cervical biopsy
- Symptoms of an ear infection in adults with headache
- Are the symptoms of finger pulp infection bad?
- Symptoms of uterus infection after c-section
- Talk to a infectious disease specialist online