Doctor insights on:
List Of Encephalitis Lethargica Complications
The encephalon is considered to be the gray matter of the brain. This is where all the neuron cells are located. If an infection sets in to this region it is called an encephalitis. The -itis ending just means inflammation. It is usually virus infections that like to go specifically to the ...Read more
Yes: Also known as von economo's disease or sleeping sickness it first arose following the influenza pandemic of 1918 and nothing like was described before 1914. No viral agent was ever isolated, but the clinical picture was quite compatible with a viral illness. Many patients had profound somnolence and ophthalmoplegia. Mortality was high (20+%), and many survivors had neurological sequellae. ...Read more
Encephalitis letharg: http://www.ninds.nih.gov/disorders/encephalitis_lethargica/encephalitis_lethargica.htmGet a more detailed answer ›
Many: Encephalitis is a disease of the brain cells that is usually caused by a virus or other agent that gets into the brain cells from the blood stream. They are put into your blood by an agent that injects them into you through a bite. Fleas, mosquitoes, ticks, and other biting bugs can do this. They bite an infected person or animal and suck the agent from their blood and then inject it into you. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Encephalitis lethargica
- Encephalitis lethargica treatment
- History of encephalitis lethargica
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- How to cure encephalitis lethargica?
- Encephalitis lethargica facts
- Is encephalitis a complication of lupus?
- Eye complications with viral encephalitis
- Talk to a urgent care specialist online for free