Doctor insights on:
Link Between Hypothyroidism And Gynecomastia
Hypothyroidism is also known as Underactive thyroid. Level, which can cause fatigue increased sensitivity to cold constipation dry skin unexplained weight gain puffy face hoarseness muscle weakness elevated blood cholesterol level muscle aches, tenderness and stiffness pain, stiffness or swelling in your joints heavier than normal or irregular menstrual periods thinning hair slowed heart ...Read more
No: No link between the two. Gynecomastia comes from the greek meaning "gyne" meaning woman and "mastos" meaning breasts. it refers to abnormal development of large mammary glands in males. Although there may be many “causes”, most cases are idiopathic (no specific cause). The use of certain medications, drugs, organ dysfunction (kidney or liver), hormonal imbalances etc. May also be causative. ...Read moreSee 2 more doctor answers
Unlikely: Period.Get a more detailed answer ›
Male breast enlargement is also known as Enlarged male breasts. Gynecomastia, or enlargement of the male breast gland, can be due to hormone, imabalances, medications, age, or genetics. It is a medically treatable condition - see a board-certified plastic surgeon for the different options. These can include liposuction, direct excision of the glandular tissue, and even excision of ...Read more
The thyroid makes thyroid hormone, the main one is t4, which is converted in other tissues to t3. An underactive thyroid makes too little thyroid hormone. You feel sluggish, bloated, constipated, cold. It is treated by taking replacement hormone levothyroxine. The thyroid also makes calcitonin, which is involved in calcium metabolism, but it is a weak hormone in ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Is there a link between hypothyroidism and high potassium?
- Is there link between herpes and lupus?
- Link between ovarian cysts and colon polyps
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- What disease exists when thyroid fluctuates between hypothyroid and hyperthyroid?
- Link between kidney stones and pneumonia
- Is there a link between anxiety and changes in stools?
- Difference between gynecomastia and breast cancer
- Talk to a breast surgeon online for free