Doctor insights on:
Reconsider: While most home births go well and it is a very appealing concept, birth is the singular time in life that one is most likely to require resuscitation! therefore it is essential to have skilled & experienced professionals with proper equipment & facilities at the time of delivery should it not go well. Reviving a depressed newborn is not something that is easily learned or performed at home. ...Read more
1wk old baby was sleeping n was completely limp. Seemed to be breathing ok but was hard to wake up. He woke up completly 30min later he was ok. Worry?
Pediatrician answer: Newborns are much more flexible than we expect (head floppy, arms/ legs floppy). They sleep deeply which is why we put them on their backs to sleep so as not to suffocate in their bedding and certainly not in our bed. We physicians usually see the normal newborns every day in the hospital, 2 or so days post discharge, and about 10-14 days of life. Keep all of those appointments. ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- What do u doif a baby goes limp on you?
- Remedies for limp baby
- Home remedies for limp baby
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- What is the best treatment for limp baby?
- Is cerelac safety for baby?
- Baby face rash from pacifier
- Is vitiligo possible in baby?
- Talk to a pediatrician online