Doctor insights on:
Lights Out Sleep Mask
Whaaaa?: Sleeping mask ensures dark environment for sleep, to eliminate major "zeitgeiber" (bringer of the day) that triggers brain to release "wake-up" hormones. Med effect from sleeping meds just sedates brain (/body) to make it easier to get to / stay asleep. Day sleepers average less total sleep & poorer health than "normal" folks, so help them out and let them sleep. ...Read more
Don't recommend: The reason this is not recommended is that a scarf is long and can actually loop around your neck and cut off your airway. ...Read more
What allergy masks can i get that are comfortable enough to sleep with? Please no elastics. I already have 3 hepa air purifiers. I want a mask.
Wrong solution: I think you will likely obtain more benefits from an allergy consult. Wearing a mask is usually not an acceptable solution for allergic diseases. ...Read more
Is it unhealthy for somebody to be a night owl if they still get an undistirbed 8 hours of sleep once a day with a sleep mask or in a dark room?
You can, BUT: With most humans, the natural circadian rhythm is to be awake in daytime and asleep at night. Unless you are very careful to get enough good-quality sleep, you can end up sleep deprived with all ill effects from that. Some people are natural "night owls" though. Many of those choose to work at night, using their reversed sleep-wake cycles to advantage. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Have sleep apena, I have the full face mask, and my face breaks out. Is there anything I can do for this?
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Heart beating fast and waking up out of breath during sleep was it a bad dream
- Can my eyes be infected by my sleeping mask?
- Why am i sleeping 16hrs out of 24 i take prozac?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- I keep getting a clear sleep out of my eye
- Can babies out grow sleep apnea?
- Sleep apnea oxygen mask
- Falling out of bed sleep disorders
- Saliva coming out of mouth during sleep