Doctor insights on:
Lightened My Skin
I am black and in the summer my skin gets darker than i would like so is there some lightening cream or something that can lighten my skin?
In general: Vitamin C supplementation is safe, but it won't likely do much in regards to skin lightening. You should avoid doses of more than 2000 mg/day unless your doctor instructs such. Also, be aware if you are at risk for kidney stones or have had them in the past, I would review vitamin C use with your doctor. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
I'm 31 and have dark skin where my beard grows from years of shaving. Is there any way of lightening my skin? I hear something about lemons helping.
Dark Skin Treatment: There are a number of topical agents that can help with hyperpigmentation (darkening of the skin). Glycolic acid, tretinoin, hydroquinone, low strenght steroids, vitamin c, and Azelaic Acid are all commonly used. Chemical peeling agents are also used-- often with salicylic acid, glycolci acid or jessner's solution. I have never used lemons, but they do contain alpha-hydroxy acids- so who knows! ...Read more
Lightening skin: A number of things can lighten skin. It really depends on what your particular problem may be. Hydroquinone is a common bleaching substance and retinoids (prescription meds or otc compounds) can also cause some lightening. Your dermatologist can help you find out what might be best for you. ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- How do i lighten my skin naturally?
- How can i lighten my skin naturally?
- How can i lighten my skin?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Lighten dark skin around my mouth
- How to lighten up the dark scars on my skin?
- Skin lightening
- Is there a good tropical skin lightening creme meeting my betrothed soon?
- Talk to a dermatologist online