Doctor insights on:
Genetics: Hair color and distribution are under genetic control primarily. ...Read more
It may be normal: Genetic factor plays a major role when it comes to hair. It is not unusual to have hair grow in locations you mentioned. Some women will have increased hair in ununsual places due to hormone imbalance (androgen excess) or rarely due to hormone producing tumor. If hair growth is rapid and associated with other symptoms, it may represent something more serious. ...Read more
Yes: I do a lot of laser hair removal. Light facial hair is common. Most of the women are very happy to have me remove it. Assuming the hair is darker than the skin, the laser is very effective at reducing the hair. If the hair is very light blond, it will take a special laser made for blond hair and more treatments. ...Read more
Not really: I think the dryness is related to being able to make vitamin d. Light skin typically spends less time in the sun due to burning which means less vitamin d. Vitamin d has been linked to dry skin especially in our pediatric population. So help the skin with vitamin d, drinking water and using omega 3 which can help produce healthy oils in your skin. ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Light user hair follicle drug test
- Abdominal pain hair loss
- Abdominal bloating hair loss
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Food to prevent hair fall
- Is gray hair abnormal at 14?
- Nature's bounty hair and nails side effects
- Can lice make you lose hair?
- Talk to a hair restoration specialist online for free