Doctor insights on:
Lifting Weights For Your Obliques
Unlikely...: Hernias directly through the abdominal wall, when you haven't had a surgery or trauma to the area, are very rare. Depending on where it is, a hernia would have to go through several opposing layers of muscle or fascia. Hernias usually develop in natural weak points, like the inguinal or umbilical area. If you have a bulge anywhere on you abdomen and you cannot push it back in, see a doctor. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
I workout a lot Lift weights,tennis,etc. I noticed a tender lump in my upper oblique muscle.Could it just be a knot? Rolls under my fingers.A concern?
Needs checked: Could be just lymph node, but if tender and mobile, should be checked by medical professional. ...Read more
No problem: Joining a gym and doing exercises do not stunt growth. Kids will grow to the pre-destined height in America as long as they eat healthily, exercise moderately, grab some sunshine, and get plenty of sleep. To not hurt the body, one should avoid excessive exercise with unusually heavy weights. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Are you asking: If you can and should lift weights after 60? If so, both yes and yes. Resistance training can help stave off bone density loss and muscle mass loss. Remember, the types of exercises and intensity with which you do them will be greatly different from someone in their 20's, as you'll like have different goals. You best bet is to get the "ball rolling" with a certified personal trainer. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Weight lifting kids: Weight lifting can actually be healthy at a young age (elementary school) but the focus is different at different ages. Before puberty kids can lift light weights and go for higher repetitions. The muscle fibers are different and can't bulk up. After puberty you can increase weight (gradually) to gain muscle mass. Go slow and easy either way. ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Lifting weights for your trapezius
- Lifting weights for your posterior deltoids
- What is the best weight lifting for the middle of your chest?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Minimum healthy weight for your height
- How to gain weight in your hips and thighs for skinny girls?
- How does lifting weights tone your face like arnold?
- What would cause a loud pulse in your head when lifting weights?
- Talk to a sports medicine specialist online for free