Doctor insights on:
Lidoderm And Pregnancy
Hi i'm 4 weeks pregnant and i just used Lidocaine patch for minutes is it gonna affect my pregnancy?? I'm worried
No it will not: Rest assured....it will not.Get a more detailed answer ›
If you're pregnant or planning to get pregnant, there are many things you can do to give your baby a healthy start: Regular prenatal visits along with laboratory testing, ultrasounds, prenatal vitamins and immunizations (like the flu shot and whopping cough booster). Now's the time to eat healthy, stay hydrated, and ...Read more
I have a friend that smokes lidoderm patches. What can happend to her if she keeps on doin it? Is she trying to get high on them?
What are the risks of keeping a lidoderm patch on for more than 12 hours? My skin doesn't seem to be irritated. I don't understand the problem.
Kinda right: The reason for the 12hr comes from manufacturer because they wanted to minimize the risk of toxicity. (hence minimize lawsuits) However, many of us do tell patients that they can keep it on for 24hrs before changing it. As far as I know there have been no cases of toxicity reported. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Lidoderm patch high: Lidoderm patches should not get you high unless you are taking so many that you are getting a toxic level of Lidocaine in your system. The toxic effects of Lidocaine are more often seen when it is given intravenously but can occur by other routes. Lidocaine toxicity can be very dangerous. Only take medications as they have been prescribed. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Any tips for getting lidoderm or flector patches to stick? They always fall off. My skin isn't oily or overly hairy.
Lidodrem: Lidoderm patches have the local anesthetic lidocaine for treatment of herpes zoster pain AFTER the lesions heal. The skin becomes numb temporarily. It should be 12 hrs on and 12 hrs off and not left on the skin continuously. Any painful skin condition due to nerve problem can be helped with its application. DO NOT use on broken skin. ...Read more
No,: if it was the DEA would make it a controlled substance ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Signs and symptoms of pregnancy while on depo-provera
- Did you have implantation bleeding and a negative pregnancy test
- Pregnancy after uterine ablation and tubal ligation
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Do you hurt in the lower back and hip in early signs of pregnancy?
- How can you tell the difference between an ovarian cyst and ectopic pregnancy?
- Is your cervix low and open in the early stages of pregnancy?
- Missed period fatigue and negative pregnancy test
- Talk to a dermatologist online