Doctor insights on:
Also called escitalopram, it is a selective serotonin reuptake inhibitor, used for treatment of depression, anxiety disorders. It is the isomer of citalopram (celexa), originally introduced as a refined form of Celexa with fewer adverse effects. Daily doses range from 10 mg. To 40 mg. , average 20mg. Main side-effects involve ...Read more
Can I take Chaste Tree Berry for PMS symptoms such as anger and frustration? I'm on Lexapro and going to switch to Paxil
May cause issues: It seems to affect a chemical in the brain called dopamine. Some medications for mental disorders help to decrease dopamine. Taking vitex agnus-castus (chaste tree berry)along with medications for mental conditions might decrease the effectiveness of some medications for mental condition. ...Read more
Started Lexapro and taking trinessa. I am on 2 nd week af active pill and have been having a lot of abdominal cramping almost like pms. Side effect?
Some tips.: Hello. You can talk with your physician about options like omega 3 fatty acids and magnesium supplementation. Avoid excessive sugar and low quality carbohydrate intake. Don’t add extra salt to your food and avoid processed foods containing extra salt. Reduce caffeine and alcohol use. Stay physically active. ...Read moreSee 2 more doctor answers
No: Wellbutrin can be helpful for major depression, particularly melancholic, down in the dumps depression. Wellbutrin is stimulating, and at best doesn't affect anxiety, but can exacerbate anxiety. For premenstrual dysporic disorder (pdd), ssris, like zoloft, celexa, and Prozac that work through serotonin can alleviate symptoms, but wellbutrin and works through Dopamine and doesn't help with pdd. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Can lexapro cause joint pain?
- Can you experience pms symptoms after your period?
- Can you drink alcohol while taking lexapro?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- How soon can pms symptoms start before your period?
- Will i lose weight if i stop taking lexapro
- Can i stop taking 10 mg lexapro cold turkey after being on it for 13 days?
- Zoloft vs lexapro for anxiety
- Talk to a gynecologist online for free