Doctor insights on:
Levothyroxine Cause Problems
I have a problem with terrible hot flashes at night. I am not menopausal, according to my obgyn. Could lithium or levothyroxine cause this trouble?
Hot flashes: If your levothyroxine dose is correct, it should not cause hot flashes, but if the dose is excessive, it may. Women may start developing hot flashes up to 8 years before actual menopause, but prior to writing off your symptoms on that, other conditions that can cause hot flashes at night need to be ruled out. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Is it true that hashimotos can cause brain fog memory problems and severe headaches? Treated with levothyroxine but endo suggesting steroids.
Yes : Symptoms of hashimoto's thyroiditis include weight gain, depression, mania, sensitivity to heat and cold, paresthesia, chronic fatigue, panic attacks, bradycardia, tachycardia, congestive heart failure, high cholesterol, reactive hypoglycemia, constipation, migraines, muscle weakness, joint stiffness, menorrhagia, myxedematous psychosis, cramps, memory loss, vision problems, infertility and hair loss. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
I take 100mcg of Levothyroxine daily. If I forget to take it for a day or two, will it cause me to feel bad? Should I double up a day or 2 to catchup?
Possibly: A dose higher than one needs may cause an elevation of the heart rate or blood pressure that causes the metabolic demand for oxygen by the heart to exceed the ability of the coronary arteries to supply the oxygen, leading to chest discomfort. Thyroid function tests, especially the TSH level, & evaluation by your doctor is prudent, especially if some underlying condition exists, unmasked by the rx. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Can thyroid problems cause dizziness and lightheaded feelings?
- Can wisdom teeth cause ear problems?
- Can a rotten tooth cause health problems?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Can having oral sex with someone who has a canker sore cause problems?
- Can liver problems cause brown spots on the bottom of feet?
- Do heart problems cause dark circles under the eyes and fatigue?
- Can gallbladder problems cause dizziness?
- Talk to a pharmacologist online for free