Doctor insights on:
Leukopenia Lead Disease Any Other Type Cancers
YES: Leukopenia means low white cell count. It can be associated with various things, which can include: infection (eg., cold/ flu, typhoid, hiv, aids, malaria, tuberculosis, etc), aplastic anemia, cancer (eg, hogkin's lymphoma, leukemia, myelofibrosis, etc.), metabolic deficiencies (eg, copper, zinc and folate deficiencies), or treatment-related (eg, chemotherapy, radiation therapy, etc). ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Possibly: There are a lot of reasons for leukopenia. Usually isolated low white cells is not a sign of leukemia if the red blood cells and the platelets also found in blood are fine. Leukopenia develops in leukemia because all the bone marrow cells that eventually end up in the blood stream are crowded out by leukemia cells. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
High vs. low: Leukemia is a malignancy of the white blood cells, sometimes leading to excessive amounts of these cells in circulation. Leukopenia is a deficiency or low WBC count. Sometimes leukemia can present or lead to low WBC counts, but often leukemia is associated with a high WBC count. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Depends: Many have low white count that is benign & no symptoms. It may also be due to a recent infection, medication, excessive alcohol intake, or underlying blood disease (even cancer), or else... The differential DX is wide. If white count is very low, risk of infection is increased. If you have fevers, chills, drenching night sweats or recurrent infection, you need to see your doctor for evaluation. ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Could having leukopenia lead to hodgkin disease or any other type of cancers
- Are there any other alternatives to tamoxifen for breast cancer?
- Any other diseases similar to wilson disease
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Are there any other diseases that mimic ms?
- Any types cancers reproductive track mimic pregnancy
- Does a yeast infection cause vaginal cancer or any other serious problems?
- Will tanning cause any problems other skin cancer ovarian
- Talk to a oncologist online for free