Doctor insights on:
Left Upper Quadrant Abdominal Tenderness
Left upper quadrant abdominal swelling under ribs and shortness of breath when exercising. What could this be?
I have experienced left side abdominal tenderness where pain is more pronounced with moving or changing position. This started two days ago?
When to get checked: Abdominal pain lasting more than 4 hours should be evaluated. If you are without fever, vomiting then okay to get into your primary. Your left colon could be the cause, diverticulitis, colitis, spasms, abscess are all possibilities. Imaging, colonoscopy and/or antibiotics may be ordered. If you have fever or vomiting get into the er. ...Read more
See doctor!: You need to be evaluated by a doctor to give you useful information. ...Read more
Pain (when having to pee)left upper quadrant of abdomen near lower ribs stabbing and dull type of type no other symptoms Cause?
Non specific: That si not a very specific symptoms, but consider kidney stones specially due to association with peeing. ...Read more
See Physician: May need a ct of the abdomen as this is an area that is not readily associated with a common diagnosis. (i.e. Right lower = appendix). ...Read more
I want to know if this is a serious medical issue. I can't help to worry. The numbing at the left upper quadrant of my abdomen isn't painful. Its as if a blood is gushing through.
Call: Probably nothing but please call your doctor this week - just to be sure. ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Right upper quadrant abdominal tenderness
- Left lower quadrant abdominal tenderness
- Abdominal pain left upper quadrant
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Abdominal pain left side upper quadrant
- Causes of left upper quadrant abdominal pain under the ribs
- Pain in the left upper quadrant
- Organs in the left upper quadrant
- Talk to a general surgeon online for free