Doctor insights on:
Lead Pencil Poisoning
Yes: Pencil lead is actually a non toxic material called graphite. Unpainted pencils only a problem if baby bites off chunks and chokes on them. I don't believe that the paint on pencils is a problem if they are made in the us. I have reservations for any painted material coming out of china as they may have toxic material in the paint. ...Read moreSee 2 more doctor answers
No: They do not contain lead.Get a more detailed answer ›
No: Pencil lead is actually a non toxic material called graphite. ...Read more
No: There is not enough lead in a pencil point to cause poisoning. ...Read more
No: Pencil "lead" is actually graphite, not really lead, so you will not get lead poisoning . If you have a solid piece in you foot then it should be removed (like a splinter). If you don't actually have a solid piece of graphite under the skin, but the the tiny remnants, then i would treat it the same as any other wound caused by a splinter. ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Is pencil lead poisonous?
- Lead poisoning
- Can egg whites be used as an antidote of lead and mercury poisoning?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Antidote for lead poisoning
- If a person gets lead stuck in their arm will they get lead poisoning
- Long term effects of lead poisoning in adults
- What is the limit of lead poisoning for it to be deadly?
- Can you get lead poisoning from a pencil if your child accidently pricked himself?