Doctor insights on:
Lasik Surgery And Pregnancy
If you're pregnant or planning to get pregnant, there are many things you can do to give your baby a healthy start: Regular prenatal visits along with laboratory testing, ultrasounds, prenatal vitamins and immunizations (like the flu shot and whopping cough booster). Now's the time to eat healthy, stay hydrated, and ...Read more
Is it safe to use eyestil eye drops and vistotears gel when planning and during pregnancy as a patient who had lasik surgery 6 months ago?
I am suffering from myopia.I wud like to correct my vision by lasik. Can I do t during pregnancy. Hw long s the viability f lasik? I heard only 8 yrs.
Viable long term: The effects of lasik do not wear off. Once your eyes have fully healed after surgery, the results are pretty permanent. There is certainly no 8 year time limit. And definitely wait until your pregnancy is over and your hormone levels have returned to normal before having lasik surgery. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Yes: You are awake during the procedure. Your cooperation is necessary to get the best result, in that you need to focus on the target light while your treatment is being done. You may get amild sedative by mouth to reduce any anxiety but it will not be enough to make you fall asleep. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
I am 22 I've undergone lasik surgery last year I would like to know for how many years will would I not get nnumber again?
Complicated: A discussion of risks and benefits of any surgical procedure if far to lengthy to cover here. The discussion should also be personalized to the patient since some have risk factors that others do not. Suffice it to say that laser vision correction is extremely low as when compared to surgical procedures in general but all surgery carries some risk as it is dependent on the healing process. ...Read moreSee 2 more doctor answers
I heard that because lasik surgery is generally new, you really can't expect what will happen after the surgery. Is this true?
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Is it safe to have lasik eye surgery during pregnancy?
- What is the difference between yag and lasik surgery?
- Lasik eye surgery pros and cons
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Signs and symptoms of pregnancy while on depo-provera
- How long will a knee be swollen after acl and meniscus surgery typically?
- Did you have implantation bleeding and a negative pregnancy test
- Pregnancy after uterine ablation and tubal ligation
- Talk to a obstetrician and gynecologist online