Doctor insights on:
I'm 6 months post lasik surgery but I still have pain in my eyes usually during sleep on my eyelids with excessive tears but not always. Why?
Very dry eyes after lasik aggravated by salt in air in hawaii, extremely dry at night, eyelids get stuck dry to eyeball, pain, tears in morning. ?
Why does only my right eye always feel strained after lasik? 20/20 vision. Feels tender under they upper eyelid. Especially after computer use.
After using eye drops the liquid keeps on coming out of my eyes though eye lids are closed.doesnt it result in loss of medicine? Done lasik 3 day back
Yes & no: The eyelid can hold only 1 drop of liquid before the liquid spills out. When you close your eyes, you'll squeeze out any excess fluid. Since the medicine has already had contact with the surface of the eye, it should still be effective. It helps to lean back, stare upwards, place one drop on the outer aspect of the eye then blink very slowly. That should minimize wastage & maximize effect. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Follow instructions: First, go to an experienced, reputable surgeon to be examined, educated and cleared for surgery, and then follow the instructions given to you. Preop, you'll be started on prescription drops one day before surgery, and instructed to perform eyelid scrubs to reduce the chance of infection. Postop, you will need to continue drops, rest, avoid getting water in the eyes, and do not rub your eyes. ...Read moreSee 2 more doctor answers
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Does it matter whether you get lasik or double eyelid surgery first?
- Can i fly right after lasik?
- Urgent need to get rid of a stye on my eyelid overnight
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Small white bump on eyelid rim
- I have a little white hard bump that developed on my eyelid what is it
- It hurts when i touch my eyelid
- Mosquito bite eyelid
- Talk to a ophthalmologist online for free