Doctor insights on:
Vision correction: Lasik is laser in situ keratomileusis. The procedure uses a cold laser to reshape the front window of the eye (cornea) in order to correct nearsightedness, farsightedness and astigmatism. The procedure places the treatment under a flap of tissue that is created either by another laser or a blade. Lasik is one of the most commonly performed vision correction surgeries worldwide. ...Read moreSee 4 more doctor answers
Reshaping the cornea: First a flap is created on your cornea with a blade or laser. It is then lifted and a laser is used to reshape your cornea (flatten it or make it more steep), then the flap is put back down. It's blurry for a few days and feels scratchy. Eventually, your distance vision should be excellent. ...Read moreSee 2 more doctor answers
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Can gonorrhea or chlamydia cause ovarian cysts?
- Can u get pregnant 10 days after your period?
- Left thyroid lobe mass
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Can h pylori bacterial infections cause malabsorption?
- Cause of bradycardia
- Disc herniated
- Talk to a ophthalmologist online for free