Doctor insights on:
Laser Surgery For Goiter
Depends. : If the stone was completely fragmented and no ureteral stent was placed, recovery tends to be quick, 1-2 days. Some patients, despite this, can have a significant amount of pain or discomfort requiring pain medication. Residual stone disease, residual ureteral edema, ureteral stent pain, and urinary symptoms may persist and prolong recovery. ...Read moreSee 2 more doctor answers
Can be: Much depends on exactly what type of laser surgery is being performed and exactly what the aftercare is. For example, patients who are undergoing co2 laser surgery may have significant discomfort if the areas are left uncovered; this discomfort can be decreased if the treated areas are covered and away from contact with air. Your physician will be able to provide you with more precise answers. ...Read more
Please help! what is the worst your vision can be before you laser surgery is no longer an option?
Is the future of optometry in jeopardy considering that laser surgery is becoming more popular and effective?
Not at all: In fact, our ability to better improve the vision of our patients with laser and lens surgery is allowing optometry and ophthalmology to to concentrate on other important eye conditions such as macular degeneration, glaucoma and pediatric eye care. As well, only a small percentage of patients who can have it actually get lasik, and they will still need annual visits, keeping both professions busy! ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Not fully accepted: Laser spine surgery is an attractive option to patients who fear conventional spine surgery. But there is something to say when there are only a few centers in the country that perform this procedure. With any procedure, educate yourself and proceed with caution. Traditional spine surgery has its risks, but what surgical procedure doesn't? ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- What are the advantages and disadvantages of turp versus laser surgery for bph?
- Laser surgery for bone spurs
- How effective is green light laser surgery for prostate enlargement?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Surgery for non toxic uninodular goiter
- Explain surgery for thyroid nodule goiter
- How do you take blood pressure for laser eye surgery?
- At what age is a teenager ready for laser eye surgery
- Talk to an otolaryngologist online