Doctor insights on:
It is a heart drug...A purified product of the foxglove plant. It has effects which include strengthening the contraction of the heart muscle, slowing conduction of the heart's electrical impulse through the av node and thereby helping to slow the heart rate during atrial fibrillation. Because of potential toxicity, its use has been largely replaced ...Read more
Heart rhythm: Lanoxin is the brand name for digoxin or digitalis, which is a medication with a long history of use to treat heart failure and abnormal heart rhythms. It is not always necessary in pneumonia; it is given to treat heart problems that can sometimes accompany pneumonia especially in elderly patients. ...Read more
Suicide is an action in which a person intentionally causes his own death. Suicide more commonly occurs in persons suffering from depression or other mental illnesses, where a person may feel hopeless and see suicide as a way to escape the real or perceived overwhelming problems and ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- How many teens commit suicide each year because of bullying?
- How many people commit suicide because of bullying?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Best way to commit suicide without pain
- How to attempt suicide without dying?
- Thoughts of suicide
- Least painful way to commit suicide
- Talk to a cardiologist online