Doctor insights on:
Lamp Oil Poisoning
Toxic ingestion (also called "poisoning") is a condition in which a person has eaten or drank a substance that causes ill symptoms or damage to his body. Taking an overdose of a medicine, taking any dose of a poison, drinking too much vodka, or accidentally drinking antifreeze . . . are all ...Read more
Carb monoxide: Oil burning leaves much more cm than gaz is it does not burn as totally as gaz. ...Read more
I've been using cold-pressed, virgin castor oil on my eyebrows and eyelids x3 nights. Now, I'm worried about ricin poisoning. Should I be worried?
No: There is no need to worry about ricin being in the castor oil, compared to all the other things we have to worry about in life. Castor oil may not be needed nor useful... which means one should investigate to see if castor oil has been truly proven to help in the way one is using it (castor oil has been around a long time and has many myths about it). ...Read more
A public bus i caught had strong engine oil fumes inside - worried about co poisoning. When does brain damage occur from this kind of exposure?
No.: That's extremely unlikely.Get a more detailed answer ›
Yes: Oils can cause various reactions of the skin dependent on a patients sensitivity to them. ...Read more
Few hours to weeks: The oil, urushiol, is what causes the symptoms. Once you come into contact with it, your symptoms may take hours up to 3 week to develop depending on the person. The oil may be carried on your clothes or under fingernails. It is not passed on from person to person and is not contagious. ...Read more
Can you please tell me the best possible way to remove poison ivy oil off of surfaces inside the home?
Soap and water: Soap and water are very effective.Get a more detailed answer ›
Wash the clothes: Poison ivy allergen, urushiol, is water soluble, and may be easily removed by using household detergent in a wash machine. All clothing must be thoroughly washed to remove the oily substance which is liberated from the plant when its leaves or stems are crushed in handling. ...Read more
I'm worried because my boyfriend has been exposed to poison oak. Does taking ashowed remove the contagious oil off the skin, what do you suggest?
A bath or shower: A simple scrubbing of the exposed surfaces with soap will remove the rheus antigen that triggers the outbreak.Attention to removing any material under the fingernails is also important. Clothing warn during the outing should also be washed as they can carry antigen. The ooze from blisters that come up after exposure do not spread the process, it is simply serum like you see with a burn. ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Lumie lamps
- Slit lamp
- Tea tree oil poisoning symptoms
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Alternatives to alcohol lamps
- Ultraviolet lamp treatment for psoriasis
- Health benefits sunlight lamps
- Benefits of salt lamps
- Cinnamon oil poisoning symptoms