Doctor insights on:
Lactose Intolerance Symptoms Constipation
I've felt bloated for last 3 week but had constipation got flatulence got lower back pain and cramp in stomach have I got IBS or lactose intolerance?
Lactose is a type of sugar found in milk and other dairy products. Lactose intolerance develops when the small intestine does not make enough of an enzyme called lactase. The body needs this enzyme to digest lactose. This is not a milk allergy, but instead an intolerance with gastrointestinal symptoms of crampy abdominal pain, gassiness and diarrhea worse with increasing ...Read more
Is it healthy for me to drink 2% milk & i'm lactose intolerant? I always drink it & nothing seems to happen except constipation & gas. Is it healthy?
I am lactose intolerant, but have constipation., i also think I have eczema on my hands&feet. What should I do?
The doctor prescribed me lactulose for constipation. She might have forgotten that i mentioned i was lactose intolerant. Should i still use lactulose?
GI problems: Lactose intolerance is the inability to digest lactose due to a deficiency in the enzyme lactase. Common symptoms of this condition include abdominal bloating, abdominal cramps, diarrhea, gas, and nausea. These symptoms tend to occur soon after the ingestion of milk products. Infants or children with lactose intolerance may have slow growth or weight loss. ...Read more
Found in milk. Lactose is a large sugar molecule that is made up of two smaller sugar molecules, glucose and galactose. In order for lactose to be absorbed from the intestine and into the body, it must first be split into glucose and galactose. The glucose and galactose are then absorbed by the cells lining the small intestine. The enzyme that splits lactose into glucose ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Do symptoms like lactose intolerance go away quickly?
- Can lactose intolerance cause constipation?
- Do lactose intolerance symptoms always occur between 30 minutes and 2 hours?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Can soy milk cause lactose intolerance symptoms?
- How long does it take for lactose intolerance symptoms to go away?
- Lactose intolerance constipation
- What are the signs and symptoms of lactose intolerance?
- Talk to a gastroenterologist online