Doctor insights on:
Lactobacillus Acidophilus Yeast Infections
My doctor said I have a pH imbalance, which is why I have this yeast infection.So iam using lactobacillus acidophilus caplets.How long will it take to see results?When will my yeast infection go away?
Need more work: Ph is only part of problem. Most women with recurrent yeast have the source of this in the intestines. Go to a4m. Com and use doctor locator to find a functional medicine doc near you to help evaluate and treat gut for yeast. Until this is fixed these will recur. In interim start a high dose multi-strain probiotic like "florajen" to help heal the gut. Acidoph by itself is not enough. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Infections are invasions of some other organism (fungus, bacteria, parasite) or viruses into places where they do not belong. For instance, we have normal gut bacteria that live within us without causing problems; however, when those penetrate the bowel wall and enter the bloodstream, ...Read more
Is lactobacillus pills bad for pregnant woman with yeast infections who are unable to go to the doctor?
I have a yeast infection! I have been taking acidophilus pills, is there anything else that i can take?
Tips: Yeast infections- reduce milk & milk products. Avoid sugars (refined sugar, commercial fruit juice, honey, maple syrup, sucrose & fructose). Eliminate refined carbohydrates from diet. Increase garlic intake. Can purchase over the counter antifungal medication like monistat. Wear cotton (instead of synthetic underwear). ...Read more
Yes: You will not have any interactions or difficulties while taking acidophilus and Monistat at the same time. Good luck. ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Lactobacillus acidophilus yeast infection
- How long should i take acidophilus for a yeast infection?
- How much acidophilus should i take yeast infection?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Acidophilus pearls yeast infection
- Acidophilus dosage for a yeast infection
- Acidophilus, bifidus and yeast infections
- Insert acidophilus yeast infection
- Talk to a gynecologist online for free